Here is how to quickly and cheaply tie a float stop on your line to use sliding deep water floats.
Time Required: 1 minute
- Assemble your terminal equipment, a small bead, slip float, swivel, leader and hook in that order. Tie them all on your line.
- Wrap the area of line where the knot will be tied around your legs so that a tight piece of line twelve inches long is between your knees.
- Cut a twelve inch piece of dental floss.
- Wrap the dental floss around the line at least six times in candy cane fashion, leaving several inches of tag on each end.
- Take the two tag ends and tie a half hitch knot, pulling the wraps up tightly.
- Finish tieing a square knot with the tag ends and clip off the excess.
- Adjust the depth of the float by sliding the stop knot to the desired location on your line.
- Go fish!
- Use a bead with a hole small enough that the stop knot will not pass through it.
- Use waxed dental floss to make sliding easier.
- Tie the first knot TIGHT!
- For larger bead holes, use a doubled piece of dental floss.
What You Need
- Waxed Dental Floss