Here are a number of articles with tips, suggestions, definitions and just plain old “how to” information about fishing tackle. These can help you make better choices in your tackle and hopefully a better angler.
- Terminal Tackle - Terminal Fishing Tackle definition
- Choosing the Right Terminal Tackle - Catch more fish with the right choice.
- The Case Against “Store Bought” Tackle - Pre-made tackle versus custom made rigs
- Change Tackle to Catch Fish - Sometimes you need to change tackle to catch fish
- Drop Shot Fishing in Saltwater The drop shot rig is a relatively recent innovation.
- Fishing a Jig - How to fish with a jig head.
- What’s in a Swivel? - All about the three or four basic types of swivels
- When is a Swivel not a Swivel? - Sometimes a swivel is used differently
Tackle Lubrication and Cleaning
- Lubrication Can Mean the Difference - Proper lubrication is important
- Reel Saver Lubricants by Mil-Comm - A full line of marine lubricants
- Tackle Cleaning Tips - Get your tackle ready with these tips
- Rainy Day Ritual – Cleaning tackle on a rainy day
- An Early Spring Ritual – Get organized for the year
- Line Size Makes a Difference - You can catch more fish on smaller line!
- There's A Reason to Replace Your Fishing Line - Why you need to replace your fishing line from time to time.
- What Kind of Fishing Leaders to Use - Fishing leader line makes a difference.
- What Kind of Leader Do I Need? - Three basic choices.
- Hook Selection Makes a Difference - Hook choice depends on several factors.
- Hook Gallery - Hook Gallery of Pictures - Types of Hooks
- Circle Hooks to the Rescue! - Originally these were designed for tuna and longliner fishing.
- Hooked on Fishing – Ever hooked someone?
- The Right Hook - Hook selection depends on the fish being sought.
- Don’t Set the Hook!! – Advice for tuna and yellowtail anglers
Baits and Lures
- The Versatile Jig - The most versatile lure in your tackle box.
- Fishing Without Bait - Try fishing without bait - it will surprise you!
- When and How to Chum - Captain Don Anderson gives us some chumming tips.
- Sharp Filet Knives - Keeping the filet knife sharp.
- Fishing Under a Float – A very productive method.
- New Fishing Floats – New designs, ideas and techniques
- Restin'Ready Rod Holder
- ONO's Reader Polarized Sunglasses
- Sunrise River Custom Fishing Knife
- Berkley Big Game Lip Grip Tool
- Penn Slammer 460 Spinning Reel
- Mitchell 300X Spinning Reel
- Abu Garcia Cardinal 602
- Disinaweight Fishing Weights
- Which Rod and Reel Should I Buy - Make the right choice.
- Making Custom Rods - Techniques and methods that I personally use.
- Making Custom Fishing Rods - More techniques and information.
- A Very Special Spinning Rod – A Rod Built for Me - This was a special rod.
- Stand Up Rods - Can You Take Them? - These rods can wear you out if you aren't resdy.